How We Can Help
We provide free legal services for low income residents of city of North Bay or the District of Nipissing
Contact us to get in touch with us for help.
We can help with your problems with:
- Employment Insurance law
- Housing law (tenants or co-op members only – not landlords. We represent in defending against evictions and we give advice on tenant applications.
- We also provide tenant duty counsel services at most Landlord Tenant Board hearings. If you are a landlord please contact the Landlord Self-Help Centre in Toronto for help.
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP). We represent in appeals of the decisions of the local ODSP office as well as in denials of benefits. We can give you advice about applying but we do not fill in the forms.
- Ontario Works (OW), advice and representation on a variety of issues
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP disability or regular CPP)
We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.
If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.
We can’t help you with . . .
Click on the links above for information on getting help from Legal Aid Ontario.
How We Help
We start with advice for your problem. Some people need more help than advice. Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board).
And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.
We start with advice and then consider providing other services for you.